- • 2 pounds baby carrots with tops
- • 2 teaspoons olive oil
- • 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- • 1 shallot, finely chopped
- • 2 tablespoons bourbon
- • 2 tablespoons honey
- • 1 tablespoon chicken broth or water
- • 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
How to Make It
- Step One: Place a small roasting pan in oven. Preheat oven and pan to 500°.
- Step Two: Cut tops from carrots, leaving 1 inch of greenery on each carrot.
- Step Three: Stir together olive oil and 1 Tbsp. butter in preheated pan. Add carrots, salt, and pepper; toss to coat. Bake 10 minutes.
- Step Four: Meanwhile, melt remaining 2 Tbsp. butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallot; sauté 1 minute. Remove from heat, and stir in bourbon and next 2 ingredients. Return to heat, and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes or until mixture is syrupy.
- Step Five: Drizzle syrup over carrots; toss to coat. Bake 5 to 7 more minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender. Transfer to a serving dish, and sprinkle with thyme.
Recipe from Southern Living.